The Mommy Docs' Ultimate Guide to Pregnancy and Birth
If you want the real deal on pregnancy, you've come to the right book! Drs. Yvonne Bohn, Allison Hill, and Alane Park are three top obstetricians who have personally welcomed more than 10,000 babies into the world. But they've been on the other side of the ultrasound too--as mothers themselves, they have each experienced the joys and anxieties of pregnancy firsthand. Morning sickness . . . unexpected contractions . . . midnight feedings . . . even serious complications . . . they’ve been there! Now they share everything you need to know about this exciting, life-changing journey.
Written in a clear and friendly style, The Mommy Docs' Ultimate Guide to Pregnancy and Birth offers the most up-to-date medical guidance. It's packed with real-life stories from new moms and practical tips straight from the Docs' office. From pre-conception to postpartum, you'll find answers to your most pressing questions, including:
- Can birth control pills cause fertility problems?
- When will I start showing?
- Which prenatal tests do I really need?
- Is my baby getting the right nutrition?
- Is it true that I can't touch a cat, eat sushi, or color my hair for nine months?
- If I get a cold, is it safe to take medication?
- How do I create a birth plan?
- What if I go into labor alone?
- If I've had a cesarean delivery before, will I need to have one with my next pregnancy?
- How can I make breastfeeding easier?
This extraordinarily comprehensive guide also includes chapters on diet and exercise, high-risk pregnancies, and the most often-repeated myths. Complete with illustrations of your baby's development, The Mommy Docs' Ultimate Guide to Pregnancy and Birth is your reassuring resource for a healthy and stress-free pregnancy.
- Da Capo Press, May 2011
Da Capo Lifelong Books
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: