The KML Handbook
Geographic Visualization for the Web
- List Price$47.99
- Your price$43.19
Save $4.80 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 20000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
“The way the information is presented appeals to teachers, hobbyists, web designers—anyone looking for a way to enhance their content by using customized maps.”
—Warren Kelly, Pastor
“It could become the de-facto tutorial volume for the subject, as well as the classic reference guide.”
—Thomas Duff, Lead Developer
“This book is written so well and is so easy to follow it’s a joy to go through.”
— Daniel McKinnon, Software Engineer
KML began as the file format for Google Earth, but it has evolved into a full-fledged international standard for describing any geographic content—the “HTML of geography.” It’s already supported by applications ranging from Microsoft Virtual Earth and NASA WorldWind to Photoshop and AutoCAD. You can do amazing things with KML, and this book will show you how, using practical examples drawn from today’s best online mapping applications.
Drawing on her extensive experience with the creators of KML, Wernecke teaches techniques that can be used by everyone from programmers to real estate agents, scientists, students, architects, virtual explorers, and more.
- Incorporating rich content in Placemark balloons
- Creating overlays that superimpose your images on standard Earth browsers
- Generating animations that move through Placemarks, Overlays, and Models
- Controlling and updating map content across the Web
- Managing large data sets using regions and custom data types
- Complete KML language reference: elements, types, syntax, file structure, and conventions
- Pearson Education, October 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: