The Karate Way
Discovering the Spirit of Practice
by Dave Lowry
- List Price$19.95
- Your price$15.99
Save $3.96 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 8800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Karate is not just a sport or a hobby—it’s a lifetime study toward perfection of character. Here, Dave Lowry, one of the best-known writers on the Japanese martial arts, illuminates the complete path of karate including practice, philosophy, and culture. He covers myriad subjects of interest to karate practitioners of all ages and levels, including:
- The relationship between students and teachers
- Cultivating the correct attitude during practice
- The differences between karate in the East and West
- Whether a karate student really needs to study in Japan to perfect the art
- The meaning of rank and the black belt
- Detailed descriptions of kicks, punches, evasions, and techniques and the philosophical concepts that they manifest
- What practice means and looks like as one ages
- How the practice of karate aims toward cultivating character and spiritual development
After forty years studying karate and the budo arts, Lowry is an informative and reliable guide, highlighting aspects of the karate path that will surprise, entertain, and enlighten.
- Shambhala Publications, December 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: