The Harvard Medical School Guide to Tai Chi
12 Weeks to a Healthy Body, Strong Heart, and Sharp Mind
- List Price$16.95
- Your price$13.59
Save $3.36 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 7600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Conventional medical science on the Chinese art of Tai Chi now shows what Tai Chi masters have known for centuries: regular practice leads to more vigor and flexibility, better balance and mobility, and a sense of well-being. Cutting-edge research from Harvard Medical School also supports the long-standing claims that Tai Chi also has a beneficial impact on the health of the heart, bones, nerves and muscles, immune system, and the mind. This research provides fascinating insight into the underlying physiological mechanisms that explain how Tai Chi actually works.
Dr. Peter M. Wayne, a longtime Tai Chi teacher and a researcher at Harvard Medical School, developed and tested protocols similar to the simplified program he includes in this book, which is suited to people of all ages, and can be done in just a few minutes a day. This book includes:
- The basic program, illustrated by more than 50 photographs
- Practical tips for integrating Tai Chi into everyday activities
- An introduction to the traditional principles of Tai Chi
- Up-to-date summaries of the research literature on the health benefits of Tai Chi
- How Tai Chi can enhance work productivity, creativity, and sports performance
- And much more
- Shambhala Publications, June 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: