The Happy Family
What's Happening to Families ... and How to Save Yours!
In their new book The Happy Family, NY Times #1 bestselling authors Linda and Richard Eyre argue that the social problems that are ravishing America--family breakups, escalating substance abuse, teen pregnancy--are the unfortunate result of hearts and minds turned away from the essentials of parenting, marriage and families. In this landmark work, the Eyres help parents to understand what is happening to their families and why parenting is so difficult today.
The eyres present powerful, practical parenting practices, including how to:
* Make a conscious recommitment to return your heart to the priority of marriage and family
* Teach understanding and discretionary use of the culture at large
* Reinvent time management with an emphasis on family
* Make communication your constant goal
* Create identity, security and motivation for children through family traditions and responsibilities
* Use "values therapy" in which the focus shifts away from wrong to the rewards and fulfillment of right.
- St. Martin's Press, June 2002
Golden Books Adult Publishing
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: