The Green Tea Book
Discover the ancient Chinese secret to a long, healthy life—with just three cups of green tea per day.
The Green Tea Book has been a trusted resource for almost a decade. Now, chemist Lester A. Mitscher and health writer Victoria Dolby Toews update their ground-breaking work with the latest scientific information. The "natural medicine" in green tea is polyphenols. These phytonutrients are powerful antioxidants, and Dr. Mitscher and Toews explore the research on green tea, explaining its many healing properties. You'll learn how drinking as few as three cups of green tea day a day may help:
- reduce the risk of certain cancers and mitigate the side effects of cancer treatment;
- promote a healthy heart;
- boost immunity and detoxify the body;
- support the body's natural antiaging processes;
- prevent inflammation of teeth and gums, aid digestion, and so much more.
The Green Tea Book guides readers to those teas highest in polyphenols, offering suggestions on choosing teas that one will savor and enjoy. This one- stop resource will have readers convinced: taking one's medicine has never tasted so good.
- Penguin Publishing Group, September 1997
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: