The Everything Buddhism Book, 2nd Edition: A complete introduction to the history, traditions, and beliefs of Buddhism, past and present
by Arnie Kozak
- List Price$15.95
- Your price$12.79
Save $3.16 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 7200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
"My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."
That's easy for the Dalai Lama to say--but for the rest of us, understanding this mysterious, multilayered faith can be very difficult. With this updated and revised edition of the classic Buddhist primer, you can delve into the profound principles of nonviolence, mindfulness, and self-awareness. From Tibetan Buddhism to Zen, you'll explore the traditions of all branches of Buddhism, including:
- The life of Buddha and his continuing influence throughout the world
- A revealing survey of the definitive Buddhist texts
- What the Sutras say about education, marriage, sex, and death
- Faith-fueled social protest movements in Tibet, Burma, and elsewhere
- Buddhist art, poetry, architecture, calligraphy, and landscaping
- The proven physiological effects of meditation and other Buddhist practices
- The growing impact of Buddhism on modern American culture
In this guide, you'll discover the deceptively simple truths of this enigmatic religion. Most important, you learn how to apply the tenets of Buddhism to your daily life--and achieve clarity and inner peace in the process.
- F+W Media, December 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: