The Essence of Budo
A Practitioner's Guide to Understanding the Japanese Martial Ways
by Dave Lowry
- List Price$19.95
- Your price$15.99
Save $3.96 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 8800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The study of budo, or the Japanese martial arts for self-cultivation, is a lifelong path toward perfection of character. Here, Dave Lowry, a sword master who has practiced and taught budo for over forty years, addresses the myriad issues, vagaries, and inconsistencies that arise for students of karate-do, judo, kendo, kenjutsu, aikido, and iaido as their training develops. He examines such questions as:
- What is the relationship between the student and teacher, and what should one expect from the other?
- What does rank really mean?
- How do you correctly and sensitively practice with someone less experienced than you?
- What does practice look like as one ages?
- Why do budo arts put such an emphasis on etiquette?
- And many others
- Shambhala Publications, April 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: