The Doctor's Guide to Weight Loss Surgery
How to Make the Decision That Could Save Your Life
Whether you’re already planning to have weight-loss surgery or are still trying to decide, here is what you need to know about the operation that could save your life
If you are considering weight-loss surgery, you are not alone. Obesity is the most common chronic disease in the U.S. today, affecting one out of every four Americans. In this indispensable resource, Dr. Louis Flancbaum, one of the world’s foremost experts on weight-loss surgery, takes you through the entire process, from presurgical evaluation to postop care. You’ll find everything you need to know to get the most out of the latest groundbreaking procedures available that can radically improve your health--and your quality of life.
• Why WLS is the safest treatment for patients with clinically severe or morbid obesity
• How to determine if you’re a candidate for WLS
• What to look for when choosing a surgeon
• How to choose the surgical procedure that’s right for you
• What to expect pre-, peri-, and postsurgery
• Common side effects and what they can mean for you
• Diet and nutritional guidelines after WLS
Plus: what to do if your insurance policy excludes obesity treatment, how to determine when you can resume normal activities and return to work, healthful recipes, patient success stories, support groups . . . and much more
Including detailed charts and tables, helpful resources, and websites, this is the only sourcebook on weight-loss surgery you’ll ever need.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Random House Publishing Group, December 2007
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: