The Cooking Club Cookbook
Six Friends Show You How to Bake, Broil, and Bond
by Cooking Club
The Cooking Club Cookbook is the story of how six friends learned to cook, the meals they created, and the fun they had along the way. Filled with tales of broken broccoli Christmas trees and seduce-me steaks, this book is at once an easy-to-follow guide to starting a cooking club, a collection of menu suggestions, and an inspiration for anyone who’s ever wanted to feel really at home in the kitchen.
Having created hundreds of dishes, the members of the Cooking Club now offer tips for re-creating their culinary triumphs and avoiding their embarrassing mishaps. Chapters include “Stealing Home: We Raid Mom’s Recipes in Search of Cozy Cooking,” “Chow Bella: Like True Renaissance Women, We Master Six Regional Dishes,” and “Low-Fat Tuesday: The Lighter Side of Creole Cuisine.” The recipes range from the easy (Mini-Me Mac and Cheese) to the exotic (Cellophane Noodle Salad with Shrimp) to the downright elegant (Mussels in White Wine and Saffron Sauce). The Cooking Club Cookbook is an invaluable resource for a new generation of cooks, told in the voice of a best friend.
Recipe for a Cooking Club
• Six or so members, to taste
• One day a month, for meeting
• Tinfoil, for carting dishes between kitchens
• Sense of humor, plus extra for garnish
• The Cooking Club Cookbook—strongly recommended
1. Choose your members. A go-get-’em attitude is our only prerequisite, although you get extra points for having a dishwasher.
2. Plan a theme, such as Spanish, sexy foods, or Mardi Gras. Discuss menus in advance so you don’t end up with six desserts. (On second thought, that’s not such a bad idea . . . )
3. Cook at home and then bring your dish to the host’s house. You should be able to experiment with all foods, just no force-feeding. (Don’t think we haven’t tried.)
4. Eat. Drink. Compliment everyone’s dish. Have fun. It’s what will get you and the gang back into the kitchen month after month.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Random House Publishing Group, March 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: