The Confidence Gap
A Guide to Overcoming Fear and Self-Doubt
- List Price$15.95
- Your price$12.79
Save $3.16 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 7200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Too many of us miss out on opportunities in life because we lack self-confidence. Whether it's public speaking, taking on a leadership role, or asking someone for a date, there are situations in which we just don't feel equipped to handle the challenges we face.
Russ Harris offers a surprising solution to low self-confidence, shyness, and insecurity: Rather than trying to "get over" our fears, he says, the secret is to form a new and wiser relationship with them. Paradoxically, it's only when we stop struggling against our fearfulness that we begin to find lasting freedom from it.
Drawing on the techniques of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), a cutting-edge form of cognitive-behavioral therapy, The Confidence Gap explains how to:
- Free yourself from common misconceptions about what confidence is and how to build it
- Transform your relationship with fear and anxiety
- Clarify your core values and use them as your inspiration and motivation
- Use mindfulness to effectively handle negative thoughts and feelings.
- Shambhala Publications, December 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: