The Complete Idiot's Guide to Publishing Children's Books, 3rd Edition
'Honest and precise, everything about writing for children there is to know.'
Jane Yolen, author
Here is the comprehensive guide to writing, publishing, and selling for an ever-expanding and always exciting children's market, now in a new and updated third edition.
- Includes new chapters on self-publishing and on "how to choose a how-to", plus revision and updates throughout.
- Offers practical advice on getting started and on dealing with out-of-print books.
- Covers picture books, chapter books, nonfiction, middle-grade and young novels, and common formats and genres.
- Reveals what happens inside a children's publishing company, and provides guidance in working with an editor.
- Sample cover and query letters, manuscript format, glossary, and recommended resources in an extensive appendix.
- Plus information on agents, contracts, copyright, marketing and more.
- DK Publishing, May 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: