The Complete Anchoring Handbook : Stay Put on Any Bottom in Any Weather: Stay Put on Any Bottom in Any Weather
Stay Put on Any Bottom in Any Weather
- List Price$30.00
- Your price$23.99
Save $6.01 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 12800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
A modern, authoritative anchoring guide for sailors and powerboaters
A boat swinging safely at anchor can mark the relaxing conclusion to a great day of boating or the successful completion of an essential emergency measure, while failure to anchor properly can be frustrating, inconvenient, or downright dangerous. The Complete Anchoring Handbook is your path to mastering this indispensable seamanship skill.
Based on original engineering analysis--and with contributions from such international anchoring experts as Alain Fraysse and Chuck Hawley--The Complete Anchoring Handbook emphasizes the proven best gear and methods for anchoring safely in any situation with any boat, sail or power. Here’s everything you need to know, from the basics to the most advanced techniques. Poiraud and company describe:
- The physical forces acting on a boat, its ground tackle, and the sea bottom
- Why the new generation of roll-stable anchors (including the Spade, Rocna, Manson Supreme, and others) is proving superior to traditional favorites
- How to select and size anchors and ground-tackle components
- How to connect those components without introducing weak points in your ground-tackle system
- McGraw-Hill Education, November 2007
International Marine/Ragged Mountain Press
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: