The Athletic Horse
Principles and Practice of Equine Sports Medicine
- List Price$162.00
- Your price$145.79
Save $16.21 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 65600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Showing how to maximize performance in horses, The Athletic Horse: Principles and Practice of Equine Sports Medicine, 2nd Edition describes sports training regimens and how to reduce musculoskeletal injuries. Practical coverage addresses the anatomical and physiological basis of equine exercise and performance, centering on evaluation, imaging, pharmacology, and training recommendations for sports such as racing and show jumping. Now in full color, this edition includes new rehabilitation techniques, the latest imaging techniques, and the best methods for equine transportation. Written by expert educators Dr. David Hodgson, Dr. Catherine McGowan, and Dr. Kenneth McKeever, with a panel of highly qualified contributing authors.
- Expert international contributors provide cutting-edge equine information from the top countries in performance-horse research: the U.S., Australia, U.K., South Africa, and Canada.
- The latest nutritional guidelines maximize the performance of the equine athlete.
- Extensive reference lists at the end of each chapter provide up-to-date resources for further research and study.
- NEW full-color photographs depict external clinical signs, allowing more accurate clinical recognition.
- NEW and improved imaging techniques maximize your ability to assess equine performance.
- UPDATED drug information is presented as it applies to treatment and to new regulations for drug use in the equine athlete.
- NEW advances in methods of transporting equine athletes ensure that the amount of stress on the athlete is kept to a minimum.
- NEW rehabilitation techniques help to prepare the equine athlete for a return to the job.
- Two NEW authors, Dr. Catherine McGowan and Dr. Kenneth McKeever, are highly recognized experts in the field.
- Elsevier Health Sciences, May 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: