The Athlete's Shoulder
- List Price$184.00
- Your price$165.59
Save $18.41 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 74400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The latest edition of this in-depth look at athletic injuries of the shoulder has been updated to feature 16 new chapters, additional illustrations and algorithms, an added focus on arthroscopic treatments, and pearls that highlight key information. Additional contributing authors give you a fresh spin on new and old topics from rehabilitation exercises to special coverage of female athletes, pediatrics, and golfers. This book offers coverage of arthroscopy, total joint replacement, instability, football, tennis, swimming, and gymnastic injuries, rotator cuff injuries, and much, much more! The large range of topics covered in this text ensures that it’s a great resource for orthopaedists, physical therapists, athletic trainers, and primary care physicians.
- Presents a multidisciplinary approach to the care of the shoulder, combining contributions from the leaders in the field of orthopedic surgery, physical therapy, and athletic training.
- Demonstrates which exercises your patients should perform in order to decrease their chance of injury or increase strength following an injury through illustrated exercises for rehabilitation and injury prevention.
- Illustrates how the shoulder is affected during activity of certain sports with a variety of tables and graphs.
- Covers a large range of topics including all shoulder injuries to be sufficiently comprehensive for both orthopaedists and physical therapists/athletic trainers.
- Features 16 new chapters, including Internal Impingement, Bankarts: Open vs. Arthroscopy, Adhesive Capsulitis of the Shoulder, Cervicogenic Shoulder Pain, Proprioception: Testing and Treatment, and more.
- Details current surgical and rehabilitation information for all aspects of shoulder pathology to keep you up-to-date.
- Organizes topics into different sections on anatomy, biomechanics, surgery, and rehabilitation for ease of reference.
- Elsevier Health Sciences, December 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: