Because performance is paramount today, this thoroughly updated guide shows you how to test mission-critical applications for scalability and performance before you deploy them—whether it’s to the cloud or a mobile device. You’ll learn the complete testing process lifecycle step-by-step, along with best practices to plan, coordinate, and conduct performance tests on your applications.
- Set realistic performance testing goals
- Implement an effective application performance testing strategy
- Interpret performance test results
- Cope with different application technologies and architectures
- Understand the importance of End User Monitoring (EUM)
- Use automated performance testing tools
- Test traditional local applications, web applications, and web services
- Recognize and resolves issues often overlooked in performance tests
Written by a consultant with over 15 years’ experience with performance testing, The Art of Application Performance Testing thoroughly explains the pitfalls of an inadequate testing strategy and offers a robust, structured approach for ensuring that your applications perform well and scale effectively when the need arises.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: