The Art And Craft Of Storytelling
A Comprehensive Guide To Classic Writing Techniques
by Nancy Lamb
- List Price$16.99
- Your price$13.59
Save $3.40 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 7600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
When you consider the thousands of years of storytelling that comprise our literary tradition, it's easy to feel overwhelmed by the shadow of so many works. But there are common threads that link all storiesfrom Beowulf and Hamlet to Gone With the Wind and The Godfather to the story you're drafting right now in your head. These threads form the foundation that supports storya foundation Nancy Lamb shows you how to access and master.
Whether you're writing a novel, a memoir, or a screenplay, The Art and Craft of Storytelling offers time-tested ways to translate a concrete idea into a polished work. In this book, you will find strategies for:
- Creating a successful a beginning, middle, and end while moving smoothly from one stage to the next
- Crafting memorable characters, choosing the best point of view for your story, and constructing authentic, compelling dialogue
- Integrating and navigating the more subtle elements of story, such as voice, tone, premise, and theme
- Understanding genres and subgenres and how they apply to your story
- Structuring plots that transform a ho-hum story into a page-turning read
- F+W Media, November 2008
Writer's Digest Books
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: