Techno Security's Guide to Securing SCADA
A Comprehensive Handbook On Protecting The Critical Infrastructure
- List Price$72.95
- Your price$65.69
Save $7.26 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 30000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Around the world, SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) systems and other real-time process control networks run mission-critical infrastructure--everything from the power grid to water treatment, chemical manufacturing to transportation. These networks are at increasing risk due to the move from proprietary systems to more standard platforms and protocols and the interconnection to other networks. Because there has been limited attention paid to security, these systems are seen as largely unsecured and very vulnerable to attack.
This book addresses currently undocumented security issues affecting SCADA systems and overall critical infrastructure protection. The respective co-authors are among the leading experts in the world capable of addressing these related-but-independent concerns of SCADA security. Headline-making threats and countermeasures like malware, sidejacking, biometric applications, emergency communications, security awareness llanning, personnel & workplace preparedness and bomb threat planning will be addressed in detail in this one of a kind book-of-books dealing with the threats to critical infrastructure protection. They collectivly have over a century of expertise in their respective fields of infrastructure protection. Included among the contributing authors are Paul Henry, VP of Technology Evangelism, Secure Computing, Chet Hosmer, CEO and Chief Scientist at Wetstone Technologies, Phil Drake, Telecommunications Director, The Charlotte Observer, Patrice Bourgeois, Tenable Network Security, Sean Lowther, President, Stealth Awareness and Jim Windle, Bomb Squad Commander, CMPD.
* Internationally known experts provide a detailed discussion of the complexities of SCADA security and its impact on critical infrastructure
* Highly technical chapters on the latest vulnerabilities to SCADA and critical infrastructure and countermeasures
* Bonus chapters on security awareness training, bomb threat planning, emergency communications, employee safety and much more
* Companion Website featuring video interviews with subject matter experts offer a "sit-down" with the leaders in the field
- Elsevier Science, August 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: