Teaching Mathematics to English Language Learners
- List Price$49.95
- Your price$44.99
Save $4.96 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 20800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Today's mathematics classrooms increasingly include students for whom English is a second language. Teaching Mathematics to English Language Learners provides readers a comprehensive understanding of both the challenges that face English language learners (ELLs) and ways in which educators might address them in the secondary mathematics classroom. Framed by a research perspective, Teaching Mathematics to English Language Learners presents practical instructional strategies for engaging learners that can be incorporated as a regular part of instruction. The authors offer context-specific strategies for everything from facilitating classroom discussions with all students, to reading and interpreting math textbooks, to tackling word problems. A fully annotated list of math web and print resources completes the volume, making this a valuable reference to help mathematics teachers meet the challenges of including all learners in effective instruction.
Features and updates to this new edition include:
- An updated and streamlined Part 1 provides an essential overview of ELL theory in a mathematics specific context.
- Additional practical examples of mathematics problems and exercises make turning theory into practice easy when teaching ELLs
- New pedagogical elements in Part 3 include tips on harnessing new technologies, discussion questions and reflection points.
- New coverage of the Common Core State Standards, as well as updates to the web and print resources in Part 4.
- Taylor and Francis, June 2014
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: