Swing Trading For Dummies
Take advantage of price swings in strongly trending securities and pump up your portfolio!
Want to know the strategies of successful swing trading? This friendly guide covers the ins and outs of this risky but profitable investing approach, explaining all the basics in plain English. You'll see how to use the two investment approaches - technical and fundamental analysis - to indentify promising securities in strongly trending markets. In addition, this guide covers how to calculate investment returns and, most important, how to manage your portfolio's risk.
- Learn from a highly experienced trader, analyst, and portfolio manager - the author shares his insider knowledge
- Understand often overlooked topics such as money management, journal keeping, and strategy planning - key areas that will largely determine your success
- Focus on the fundamentals - often overlooked by swing traders, fundamental analysis can increase your chance of success
- Determine your entry and exit points with technical analysis - read charts, apply indicators, and compare markets
- Evaluate companies with fundamental analysis - grasp the basics of financial statements and the criteria to screen for undervalued or overvalued stocks
- Develop and implement your trading plan - outline what you trade and how often, decide your risk tolerance, and calculate your performance
Open the book and find:
- The differences among swing trading, day trading, and buy-and-hold investing
- The pros and cons of technical and fundamental analysis
- A step-by-step anatomy of a trade
- A wealth of charts and screenshots
- Real-world examples of swing trading successes
- The 10 deadly sins of swing trading - avoid at all costs!
- Sample trading plans
- Useful resources for navigating data
- Wiley, March 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: