Sustainable Residential Interiors
The Second Edition of Sustainable Residential Interiors addresses cutting edge processes, strategies, and principles as well as details for in-depth product vetting criteria. Award-winning, leading interior designer Annette Stelmack shares her expertise from the perspective of LEED Building Design & Construction projects, healthy interiors, and chemical sensitivities, addressing principles, strategies, and solutions for design practitioners. A comprehensive update of the current state of the sustainable interior design industry is provided, including present and upcoming industry transformations, thought-leading principles, strategies and practices for project implementation, and fine points and resources for in-depth product vetting to support high-performing, healthy interiors.
Sustainable Residential Interiors takes readers through an integrated design process, demonstrating relevant principles and practices that apply to essentially any interiors project toward creating an environment that is healthy, high-performing, functional, sustainable, and beautiful. In doing so, it:
- Promotes critical thinking about health and environmental issues in the building industry
- Features checklists and current resources, providing a "hands on" practical approach
- Addresses in-depth, applicable third party certifications and details on relevant building rating systems
- Provides in-depth strategies and criteria for fixed interior finishes, fixtures, equipment and furnishings
- Demonstrates successful, relevant, diverse and inspiring case studies
- Delivers comprehensive tools and resources for researching and vetting products' composition and chemical make-up.
- Evaluates all aspects of a building's interior to identify and implement methods that: save energy and water; reduce Co2 emissions and waste; improve indoor air quality free of toxins; and are responsive to environmental impacts
- Encourages forward-thinking by featuring inspirational statements from mentors, peers, and industry leaders
- Urges interior designers to commit to designing safe, healthy environments that are integral to a professional code of ethics, which ensure the delivery of positive outcomes for the client and any building's future occupants
- Wiley, September 2014
- Download options:
- EPUB 3 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: