Essential for every school health office, this fully illustrated reference is the ultimate guide to caring for and supporting children with special health care needs in educational settings. A comprehensive update of the classic guide school nurses trust, this authoritative book compiles the latest guidelines on working with students with special health care needs, step-by-step procedures for using today's medical technologies, and access to more than 50 reproducible planning forms and checklists. Experts from nursing, medicine, and parent advocacy across the country reviewed and vetted the content, so you can implement the techniques and guidelines with confidence. A must for school nurses and related professionals, this practical reference tool will help schools deliver the services and supports that promote health, safety, and success for children with special health care needs.
THE LATEST ON:
- Supporting students with a wide range of special care needs, such as respiratory concerns, neurological issues, diabetes, allergies, and bladder and kidney issues
- Safely and skillfully using medical technologies, including feeding tubes, insulin administration devices, baclofen pumps, ventilators, ostomies, intravenous lines, oxygen and more
- Planning supportive classrooms that meet legal requirements and are well prepared for both everyday care and medical emergencies
- Collaborating with a student's whole health care team to create a family-centered, child-centered health care plan
- Meeting the needs of culturally and linguistically diverse families
- Facilitating a student's smooth transition from the pediatric to adult health care systems
PRACTICAL MATERIALS: More than 100 high-quality illustrations, plus printable online forms and checklists to ensure organized record keeping, training, and program planning.
With 50+ reproducible materials!
- Dozens of skills checklists for specific medical technologies
- Entrance Process Checklist
- Individualized Health Care Plan forms
- Emergency Plan form for students
- One-Page Portable Medical Summary Template
- Latex Allergy Checklist for Schools
- School and Camp Medication Order
- and more!
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: