- List Price$26.00
- Your price$20.79
Save $5.21 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 11200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Unravel the mystery of SUPERSYMMETRY
Trying to comprehend supersymmetry but feeling a bit off balance? Grab hold of this straightforward guide and learn the fundamental concepts behind this revolutionary principle.
- Covers supercharges, SUPERFIELDS, superspace, SUSY breaking, the minimal supersymmetric standard model, and more
- LOADED with DETAILED examples, ILLUSTRATIONS, and explanations
- Perfect for SELF-STUDY or as a classroom SUPPLEMENT
- COMPLETE with end-of-chapter QUIZZES and a FINAL EXAM
Written in an easy-to-follow format, Supersymmetry Demystified explains Weyl, Majorana, and Dirac spinors, notations, and supersymmetric lagrangians. Supersymmetric charges and their algebra are discussed, as are interactions and gauge theories. The book also covers superspace formalism, superfields, supersymmetry breaking, and much more. Detailed examples, clear illustrations, and concise explanations make it easy to understand the material, and end-of-chapter quizzes and a final exam help reinforce learning.
It's a no-brainer! You'll get:
- An explanation of the Wess-Zumino model
- Tips on how to build supersymmetric lagrangians
- Coverage of superspace and superfields
- A detailed presentation of the minimal supersymmetric standard model (MSSM) and some of its phenomenological implications.
Simple enough for a beginner, but challenging enough for an advanced student, Supersymmetry Demystified is your key to understanding this fascinating particle physics subject.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Patrick LaBelle
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Patrick LaBelle
Thanks for Sharing!
by on October 24, 2016
- McGraw-Hill Education, January 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: