Peak Performance Secrets From the World's Best Athletes
by Greg Wells
Based on the wildly popular segments broadcast during the Vancouver Olympics, Superbodies explores how genetics and DNA, the brain, muscles, lungs, heart and blood work together in extreme conditions. It’s an inside look that draws on Dr. Greg Wells’ research at Sick Kids Hospital and the University of Toronto and more than fifteen years’ experience working with Olympic athletes. Superbodies is a fascinating explanation of the human body and an easy-to-follow plan that shows how everyone can learn from the pros to improve their health and performance. Dr. Wells explains
- How the same training techniques that elite athletes follow can be even more effective for most people
- What’s happening inside your body when you’re exercising, and fighting illness
- What makes elite athletes such as pro-hockey players successful, and what you can learn from them
- Why little things can add up, and how simple choices can make a huge difference.
Fascinating, easy-to-read and packed with full-colour illustrations and photographs, Superbodies shows how people of all ages and abilities can improve their own health and performance.
- HarperCollins Canada, June 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: