Success Strategies for Teaching Kids With Autism
- List Price$19.95
- Your price$15.99
Save $3.96 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 8800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Success Strategies for Teaching Kids with Autism – Wendy Ashcroft, PhD, Sue Argiro, Joyce Keohane
The perfect handbook for any teacher looking for proven solutions for helping children with autism succeed
Although an abundance of research exists on working with students with autism, teachers need the practical strategies in Success Strategies for Teaching Kids With Autism to build successful programs and services for kids with autism.
The authors, seasoned classroom teachers and consultants for a large public school autism support program, look at ways teachers can apply best practices for teaching special needs students on smaller budgets, tight schedules, and minimal materials. They offer more than 25 field-tested ideas for teachers to implement, covering topics such as managing difficult behaviors, teaching social skills, addressing language and communication difficulties, creating schedules, and organizing the classroom.
Including teacher-friendly overviews of the educational needs of students with autism and ideal teaching methods, the book also provides reproducible materials that teachers can copy and use immediately in their classrooms, along with photographs and detailed graphics that show their strategies in action.
- Features proven advice and strategies from experienced special educators
- Addresses the three main areas of need for students with autism: language, social skills, and behavior management
- Offers practical solutions to creating an autism-friendly classroom
- Provides a concise introduction to the educational needs of students with autism
- Includes guidance for both inclusion and self-contained classrooms
Prufrock Press offers award-winning products focused on gifted, advanced, and special needs learners. For more than 20 years, Prufrock has supported parents and teachers with a wide range of resources based on sound research.
The average day of a parent or teacher of a gifted or special needs learner is filled with a thousand celebrations and challenges. Prufrock's goal is to provide practical solutions to those challenges-to provide readers with timesaving, research-based tools that allow them to spend less time on the challenges and more time on the celebrations.
Prufrock Press' line of products features:
- Resources on parenting the special needs learner
- Sage advice on teaching in the inclusive classroom
- Advanced learning tools for gifted children and inquisitive learners
- Cutting-edge information on innovative teaching approaches
- Resources for college planning for gifted and special needs learners
Prufrock Press is committed to resources based on sound research. It has a senior advisory group composed of the top scholars in the field of education and psychology. All of the company's editors have graduate degrees in education or children's literature, and they all have classroom experience. In essence, when a reader holds a book by Prufrock Press, he or she knows that the information found in that book will be research-based and reflect agreed upon best practices in the field of education and child psychology.
- Sourcebooks, November 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: