The Definitive Guide to SQL
Get comprehensive coverage of every aspect of SQL from three leading industry experts. Revised with coverage of the latest RDBMS software versions, this one-stop guide explains how to build, populate, and administer high-performance databases and develop robust SQL-based applications.
SQL: The Complete Reference, Third Edition shows you how to work with SQL commands and statements, set up relational databases, load and modify database objects, perform powerful queries, tune performance, and implement reliable security policies. Learn how to employ DDL statements and APIs, integrate XML and Java scripts, use SQL objects, build web servers, handle remote access, and perform distributed transactions. Techniques for managing in-memory, stream, and embedded databases that run on today's mobile, handheld, and wireless devices are included in this in-depth volume.
- Build SQL-based relational databases and applications
- Create, load, and modify database objects using SQL
- Construct and execute simple, multitable, and summary queries
- Implement security measures with authentication, privileges, roles, and views
- Handle database optimization, backup, recovery, and replication
- Work with stored procedures, functions, extensions, triggers, and objects
- Extend functionality using APIs, dynamic SQL, and embedded SQL
- Explore advanced topics such as DBMS transactions, locking mechanisms, materialized views, and two-phase commit protocol
- Understand the latest market trends and the future of SQL
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: