Speak Without Fear
by Ivy Naistadt
For many of us, public speaking is at best a chore marked by great anxiety and at worst a potential career stopper. Ours is a time when the ability to communicate in front of individuals or groups in all types of business and other situations is becoming paramount. Speak Without Fear offers a unique, practical process for combating the stage fright that plagues us every day in these situations.
Unlike other books on public speaking, Speak Without Fear goes beyond the external techniques, such as how to breathe properly and keep eye contact, to delve deeply into the reason for your performance anxiety. It gets to the root of what's giving you the sweats so you can identify what's in the way and work through it to communicate naturally and comfortably before audiences of any size.
Ivy Naistadt's easy-to-follow, step-by-step program will help you:
- Identify the degree and type of your nervousness
- Pinpoint the incidents and issues that, directly or indirectly, cause you fear and loathing in the spotlight
- Develop and master a technique for over-coming your anxiety that's adaptable to your level of experience and need
- Use your new skills to shine in a variety of situations -- whether speech making, interviewing, auditioning, or presenting
No matter how anxious you are about going before an audience -- any audience, whether it's 1 or 1,000 -- Speak Without Fear will give you the tools to speak powerfully and persuasively.
- HarperCollins, March 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: