Get best-in-class engineering practices to help you write more-robust, bug-free code. Two Microsoft .NET development experts share real-world examples and proven methods for optimizing the software development life cycle—from avoiding costly programming pitfalls to making your development team more efficient. Managed code developers at all levels will find design, prototyping, implementation, debugging, and testing tips to boost the quality of their code—today.
Optimize each stage of the development process—from design to testing—and produce higher-quality applications.
- Use metaprogramming to reduce code complexity, while increasing flexibility and maintainability
- Treat performance as a feature—and manage it throughout the development life cycle
- Apply best practices for application scalability
- Employ preventative security measures to ward off malicious attacks
- Practice defensive programming to catch bugs before run time
- Incorporate automated builds, code analysis, and testing into the daily engineering process
- Implement better source-control management and check-in procedures
- Establish a quality-driven, milestone-based project rhythm—and improve your results!
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: