Solaris 10 System Administration Essentials
- List Price$35.99
- Your price$32.39
Save $3.60 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 15200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Solaris™ 10 System Administration Essentials is the first book to concisely yet comprehensively cover all of the breakthrough features of the Solaris 10 operating system. The Solaris OS has a long history of innovation, and the Solaris 10 OS is a watershed release that includes features such as
- Zones, which provide application isolation and facilitate server consolidation
- ZFS™, the file system that provides a new approach to managing your data with an easy administration interface
- The Fault Management Architecture, which automates fault detection and resolution
- The Service Management Facility, a unified model for services and service management on every Solaris system
- Dynamic Tracing (DTrace), for troubleshooting OS and application problems on production systems in real time
In addition, the Solaris 10 OS fully supports 32-bit and 64-bit x86 platforms, as well as the SPARC® architecture.
The book’s key topics include
- Installing, booting, and shutting down a system
- Managing packages and patches (software updates)
- Controlling system processes
- Managing disks and devices
- Managing users
- Configuring networks
- Using printing services
Solaris™ 10 System Administration Essentials is part of a new series on Solaris system administration. It is a practical guide to deploying and managing the Solaris 10 operating system in a business or academic environment. The book is easy to read and rich with examples—a perfect companion for system administrators who are deploying the Solaris OS for the first time.
- Pearson Education, November 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: