Sketching User Experiences: Getting the Design Right and the Right Design
Getting the Design Right and the Right Design
by Bill Buxton
- List Price$49.95
- Your price$44.99
Save $4.96 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 20800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Hardly a day goes by that we don't see a new product or technology that is going to make our lives easier, solve some or all of our problems, or simply make the world a better place. However, the reality is that few new products survive, much less deliver on their promise. But do designers learn from these expensive mistakes? Rather than rethink the underlying process that brings these products to market, the more common strategy is the shotgun approach: keep blasting away in the hope that one new invention will hit the bull's eye.
This book's goal is to solve this problem: to inspire and encourage HCI and other design professionals to try new methods, test themselves with the exercises and projects, and see an improvement in innovative interaction design that works--and design successful products every time.
* Covers sketching and early prototyping design methods suitable for dynamic product capabilities: cell phones that communicate with each other and other embedded systems, "smart" appliances, and things you only imagine in your dreams;
* Thorough coverage of the design sketching method which helps easily build experience prototypes—without the effort of engineering prototypes which are difficult to abandon;
* Reaches out to a range of designers, including user interface designers, industrial designers, software engineers, usability engineers, product managers, and others;
* Full of case studies, examples, exercises, and projects, and access to video clips that demonstrate the principles and methods.
- Elsevier Science, July 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: