Signals and Systems for Bioengineers
A MATLAB-Based Introduction
by John Semmlow
- List Price$117.95
- Your price$106.19
Save $11.76 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 48000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This book guides the reader through the electrical engineering principles that can be applied to biological systems and are therefore important to biomedical studies. The basic engineering concepts that underlie biomedical systems, medical devices, biocontrol, and biosignal analysis are explained in detail.
This textbook is perfect for the one-semester bioengineering course usually offered in conjunction with a laboratory on signals and measurements which presents the fundamentals of systems and signal analysis. The target course occupies a pivotal position in the bioengineering curriculum and will play a critical role in the future development of bioengineering students. There are extensive questions and problems that are available through a companion site to enhance the learning experience.
New to this edition:
- Reorganized to emphasize signal and system analysis
- Increased coverage of time-domain signal analysis
- Expanded coverage of biomeasurement, using examples in ultrasound and electrophysiology
- New applications in biocontrol, with examples from physiological systems modeling such as the respiratory system
- Double the number of Matlab and non-Matlab exercises to provide ample practice solving problems - by hand and with computational tools
- More Biomedical and real-world examples
- More biomedical figures throughout
For instructors using this text in their course, accompanying website includes support materials such as MATLAB data and functions needed to solve the problems, a few helpful routines, and all of the MATLAB examples. Visit www.elsevierdirect.com and search "Semmlow."
- Elsevier Science, August 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: