School Leadership That Works
From Research to Results
- List Price$27.95
- Your price$23.79
Save $4.16 (15% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 12000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
What does research tell us about the effects of school leadership on student achievement? What specific leadership practices make a real difference in school effectiveness? How should school leaders use these practices in their day-to-day management of schools and during the stressful times that accompany major change initiatives? Robert J. Marzano, Timothy Waters, and Brian A. McNulty provide answers to these and other questions in School Leadership That Works.
Based on their analysis of 69 studies conducted since 1970 that met their selection criteria and a recent survey of more than 650 building principals, the authors have developed a list of 21 leadership responsibilities that have a significant effect on student achievement. Readers will learn
* the specific behaviors associated with the 21 leadership responsibilities;
* the difference between first-order change and second-order change and the leadership responsibilities that are most important for each;
* how to work smart by choosing the right work to focus on to improve student achievement;
* the advantages and disadvantages of comprehensive school reform models for improving student achievement;
* how to develop a site-specific approach to improving student achievement, using a framework of 11 factors and 39 action steps; and
* a five-step plan for effective school leadership.
Combining rigorous research with practical advice, School Leadership That Works gives school administrators the guidance they need to provide strong leadership for better schools.
- ASCD, September 2001
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: