Principles and Applications
A comprehensive, single-source reference on satellite technology and its applications, Satellite Technology: Principles and Applications, Second Editionincludes the latest developments on the topic. Covering the features and facilities of satellites and satellite launch vehicles, with an emphasis on the fundamental principles and concepts, the authors provide readers with a complete understanding of the technology. This book explains the past, present and future satellite missions, as well as non-communication related applications. Coverage ranges from remote sensing and navigational uses to meteorological and military areas.
This second edition contains an additional chapter on earth station design and gives extensive focus to space based weapon systems, satellite interference and future trends in satellite technology. Extra information has also been provided on all of the first edition’s topics to enhance the existing coverage.
- Fully updated new edition with latest technological developments
- Covers the full range of important applications such remote sensing, weather forecasting, navigational, scientific and military applications
- Amply illustrated with figures and photographs, this book also contains problems with solutions, which is of benefit students at undergraduate and graduate levels
- An indispensible book for professionals and students in the field of satellite technology
- Companion website provides a complete and updated compendium on satellites and satellite launch vehicles
- Wiley, June 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: