Sams Teach Yourself WPF in 24 Hours
- List Price$35.99
- Your price$28.79
Save $7.20 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 15200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Printed entirely in color, with helpful figures and syntax coloring to make code samples appear as they do in Visual Studio.
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you will be able to begin effectively using WPF to solve real-world problems, developing rich user interfaces in less time than you thought possible.
Using a straightforward, step-by-step approach, each lesson builds on a real-world foundation forged in both technology and business matters, allowing you to learn the essentials of WPF from the ground up.
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common questions, issues, and tasks.
The Q&A sections, quizzes, and exercises help you build and test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting pieces of information.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or teach an easier way to do something.
Watch Out! cautions advise you about potential problems and help you steer clear of disaster.
Learn how to...
- Use XAML to build user interfaces
- Leverage data binding to minimize tedious code
- Create visually engaging applications
- Architect and design WPF applications using proven patterns such as MVP
- Incorporate audio and video into your applications
- Customize controls with styles, templates, and animation
- Apply best practices for developing software with WPF
- Deploy WPF applications to the desktop and Web
- Take advantage of WPF’s advanced printing capabilities
- Grow as a developer by improving your overall software design skills
Part I Getting Started
1 What WPF Is and Isn’t 5
2 Understanding XAML 17
3 Introducing the Font Viewer 27
4 Handling Application Layout 41
5 Using Basic Controls 59
6 Introducing Data Binding 75
Part II Reaching the User
7 Designing an Application 93
8 Building a Text Document Editor 107
9 Getting a Handle on Events 121
10 Commands 145
11 Output 157
Part III Visualizing Data
12 Building a Contact Manager 177
13 Presenters and Views 193
14 Resources and Styles 211
15 Digging Deeper into Data Binding 229
16 Visualizing Lists 251
Part IV Creating Rich Experiences
17 Building a Media Viewer 267
18 Drawing with Shapes 291
19 Colors and Brushes 315
20 Transforms and Effects 331
21 Using Control Templates 347
22 Triggers 369
23 Animation 383
24 Best Practices 407
Part V Appendixes
Appendix A: Tools and Resources 423
Appendix B: 3D Tutorial Using ZAM 3D 427
Appendix C: Project Source (downloadable) 437
- Pearson Education, June 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: