In Full Color
Code samples are syntax highlighted as in Xcode!!
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, learn how to build powerful mobile applications with Apple’s Cocoa Touch technology for the iPhone and iPod touch! Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll master every skill and technology you need, from handling user interaction and building effective user interfaces to accessing the Internet, playing media, and using the iPhone and iPod touch’s incredible sensing capabilities. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Cocoa Touch programming tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
- Write simple, efficient code that reflects a clear understanding of how Cocoa Touch works and why it works that way
- Build great iPhone/iPod touch user interfaces from the ground up
- Display tables and provide for clear navigation
- Access the Internet and networks and show web pages
- Save and retrieve data, including user preferences
- Understand how the Cocoa Touch runtime loop interacts with your application
- Draw and manipulate images
- Create complex animations such as Cover Flow
- Build applications that play and record media
- Use the iPhone’s built-in accelerometer, GPS capabilities, and WiFi support
- Share data via custom URLs, emails, and other techniques
- Find and fix common Cocoa Touch software bugs, fast
- Avoid the performance bottlenecks that affect Cocoa Touch code
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: