Sams Teach Yourself C# 5.0 in 24 Hours
- List Price$27.99
- Your price$22.39
Save $5.60 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 12000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, learn how to build great Windows Store apps, Windows desktop applications, and Web applications with C# 5.0. Using this tutorial’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll master everything from the absolute basics to the newest innovations, so you can solve real problems with C#. One step at a time, you’ll learn core techniques like flow control and error handling, construct complete solutions with Visual Studio, use advanced features like attributes and dynamic types, and even build engaging, immersive Windows Store apps. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a strong real-world foundation for success, even if you’ve never programmed with C# 5.0 before!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common C# programming tasks.
Quizzes and exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
Notes and tips present interesting information related to the discussion.
Cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Learn how to...
- Gain a holistic understanding of C# 5.0, .NET, and Visual Studio 2012
- Use classes and objects “the C# way”
- Master the C# type system, inheritance, interfaces, and abstract classes
- Define, initiate, respond to, and send data through events
- Work with loops, strings, regular expressions, and collections
- Ensure type safety and promote code reuse with generics and collections
- Work with data in all forms, from file systems and streams to XML and databases
- Use advanced features such as attributes, dynamic types, and anonymous functions
- Build and debug C# applications with Visual Studio 2012
- Create state-of-the-art Windows Store apps with the async pattern
- Improve performance and reliability by managing memory more effectively
- Build more responsive software with threads, concurrency, and parallelism
- Pearson Education, November 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: