In Rule the Web, you'll learn how to:
* Browse recklessly, free from viruses, ads, and spyware
* Turn your browser into a secure and powerful anywhere office
* Raze your old home page and build a modern Web masterpiece
* Get the news so fast it'll leave skidmarks on your inbox
* Fire your broker and let the Internet make you rich
* Claim your fifteen megabytes of fame with a blog or podcast
You use the Web to shop, do your banking, have fun, find facts, connect with family, share your thoughts with the world, and more. But aren't you curious about what else the Web can do for you? Or if there are better, faster, or easier ways to do what you're already doing? Let the world's foremost technology writer, Mark Frauenfelder, help you unlock the Internet's potential—and open up a richer, nimbler, and more useful trove of resources and services, including:
EXPRESS YOURSELF, SAFELY. Create and share blogs, podcasts, and online video with friends, family, and millions of potential audience members, while protecting yourself from identity theft and fraud.
DIVIDE AND CONQUER. Tackle even the most complex online tasks with ease, from whipping up a gorgeous Web site to doing all your work faster and more efficiently within your browser, from word processing to investing to planning a party.
THE RIGHT WAY, EVERY TIME. Master state-of-the-art techniques for doing everything from selling your house to shopping for electronics, with hundreds of carefully researched tips and tricks.
TIPS FROM THE INSIDERS. Mark has asked dozens of the best bloggers around to share their favorite tips on getting the most out of the Web.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: