Rare Birds of North America
- List Price$35.00
- Your price$27.99
Save $7.01 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 14800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Rare Birds of North America is the first comprehensive illustrated guide to the vagrant birds that occur throughout the United States and Canada. Featuring 275 stunning color plates, this book covers 262 species originating from three very different regions--the Old World, the New World tropics, and the world's oceans. It explains the causes of avian vagrancy and breaks down patterns of occurrence by region and season, enabling readers to see where, when, and why each species occurs in North America. Detailed species accounts describe key identification features, taxonomy, age, sex, distribution, and status.
Rare Birds of North America provides unparalleled insights into vagrancy and avian migration, and will enrich the birding experience of anyone interested in finding and observing rare birds.
- Covers 262 species of vagrant birds found in the United States and Canada
- Features 275 stunning color plates that depict every species
- Explains patterns of occurrence by region and season
- Provides an invaluable overview of vagrancy patterns and migration
- Includes detailed species accounts and cutting-edge identification tips
- Princeton University Press, February 2014
Princeton University Press
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: