Putting Food By
“The bible of home canning, preserving, freezing, and drying.”—The New York Times
For decades, Putting Food By has been the one-stop source for everything the home cook needs to know about preserving foods—from fruits and vegetables to meat and seafood. Now, this classic is fully up-to-date with the twenty-first-century kitchen. Whether you’re preserving to save money or to capture the taste of local, seasonal food at its peak, Putting Food By shares step-by-step directions to help you do it safely and deliciously.
This fifth edition of Putting Food By includes:
· Instructions for canning, freezing, salting, smoking, drying, and root cellaring
· Mouthwatering recipes for pickles, relishes, jams, and jellies
· Information on preserving with less sugar and salt
· Tips on equipment, ingredients, health and safety issues, and resources
From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Penguin Publishing Group, May 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: