Project Management Absolute Beginner's Guide
by Greg Horine
- List Price$23.99
- Your price$19.19
Save $4.80 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 10400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Succeed as a project manager, even if you’ve never run a project before! This book is the fastest way to master every project management task, from upfront budgeting and scheduling through execution, managing teams through closing projects, and learning from experience. Updated for the latest web-based project management tools and the newest version of PMP certification, this book will show you exactly how to get the job done, one incredibly clear and easy step at a time. Project management has never, ever been this simple!
Who knew how simple Project Management could be?
This is today’s best beginner’s guide to modern project management… simple, practical instructions for succeeding with every task you’ll need to perform! Here’s a small sample of what you’ll learn:
• Master the key skills and qualities every project manager needs
• Lead projects, don’t just “manage” them
• Avoid 15 most common mistakes new project managers make
• Learn from troubled, successful, and “recovered” projects
• Set the stage for success by effectively defining your project
• Build a usable project plan and an accurate work breakdown structure (WBS)
• Create budgets and schedules that help you manage risk
• Use powerful control and reporting techniques, including earned value management
• Smoothly manage project changes, issues, risks, deliverables, and quality
• Manage project communications and stakeholder expectations
• Organize and lead high-performance project teams
• Manage cross-functional, cross-cultural, and virtual projects
• Work successfully with vendors and Project Management Offices
• Make the most of Microsoft Project and new web-based alternatives
• Get started with agile and “critical chain” project management
- Pearson Education, October 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: