Programming Entity Framework: Code First
- List Price$14.99
- Your price$11.99
Save $3.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 6800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Take advantage of the Code First data modeling approach in ADO.NET Entity Framework, and learn how to build and configure a model based on existing classes in your business domain. With this concise book, you’ll work hands-on with examples to learn how Code First can create an in-memory model and database by default, and how you can exert more control over the model through further configuration.
Code First provides an alternative to the database first and model first approaches to the Entity Data Model. Learn the benefits of defining your model with code, whether you’re working with an existing database or building one from scratch. If you work with Visual Studio and understand database management basics, this book is for you.
- Learn exactly what Code First does—and does not—enable you to do
- Understand how property attributes, relationships, and database mappings are inferred from your classes by Code First
- Use Data Annotations and the Fluent API to configure the Code First data model
- Perform advanced techniques, such as controlling the database schema and overriding the default model caching
This book is a continuation of author Julia Lerman’s Programming Entity Framework, widely recognized as the leading book on the topic.
- O'Reilly Media, November 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: