Producing iOS 6 Apps
The Ultimate Roadmap for Both Non-Programmers and Existing Developers
Effectively several books bundled into one, written by the entire team of a long-standing app development company, Producing iOS 6 Apps: The Ultimate Roadmap for Both Non-Programmers and Existing Developers makes every effort to provide most anyone with the understanding, recommended tools, and easy to follow step-by-step examples, to learn how to take your app idea from the start to Apple's iTunes App Store.
Originally generated from an existing app company's internal and highly-confidential training guide, containing closely guarded app business secrets teaching new employees the business of app design, development lifecycles and methodology. Updated contributions are from the entire staff; development as well as considerable contributions from marketing, management, and even the legal dept. Due to its very nature, this book contains many commonplace and relevant topics to today's app-related business issues, such as the latest "legal landmines" to avoid, modern app design, the latest in code development, and even avoiding programming altogether for app development - all specific to iOS and the App Store.
This fully updated, multi-section book spans many chapters covering the relevant topics, including but not limited to the following:
- The latest software updates: Apple iOS 6 SDK, Xcode 4.5, and many other third-party development alternatives - some of which require simple scripting or no coding at all!
- The latest hardware updates: Apple iPhone 5, New iPad (3rd gen), and iPod touch (5th gen).
- Performing market research and analysis for a successful app with a solid business plan, specific to the App Store.
- Monetizing apps using Ad Networks and Aggregators, such as: Apple's iAd, Google's Admob, and Millennial Media, Jumptap, Smaato, Greystripe, AdWhirl, and MobClix.
- Authoring apps in both Apple's Xcode 4.5, iOS 6, and Objective-C for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, as well as Third-Party tools for app creation such as Unity 3D, ShiVa3D, PhoneGap, MonoTouch, Marmalade, Adobe Flash Professional, Adobe Flash Builder (Formerly Flex Builder), Cocos2D, Corona SDK, GameSalad, Titanium Studio, and MoSync - complete with walkthroughs on how to build an app from scratch with optional app-making environments!
- Learn how to create an app once, and have it simultaneously work on iPhone's iOS, Android, and more!
- Includes a BONUS detailed Objective-C jumpstart guide, written by our development staff! It provides existing programmers who are familiar with C++, Java, C#, or other languages, with relevant topics such as: designing views, interfaces, images, controls, objects, classes, user input and touch gestures, important frameworks, managing memory, dealing with data types, databases, storage, and more - complete with free example sourcecode!
- A monster of a book with exceptional value, containing over 500 pages, spanning 40 chapters, split into 6 sections, with 6 appendices!
- Over 10 pages of detailed ToC, including all of the above, plus: Apple iOS developer program and App Store account creation walkthroughs, cross-platform app development for iOS, Android, Blackberry and many more, app promotion and monetization techniques, pre/post-upload marketing, and suggestions on avoiding "real-life" App Store GOTCHAS to help save time, money, and effort!
This "Tome of Knowledge" is a combined effort from an existing iOS development company's entire team who has been in the App Store trenches for years. In effect, it contains hard-learned experiences and previously detailed "secret" app production information, evolved into this complete guide and reference to all things required to deliver apps through the App Store as quickly, painlessly, and profitably, as possible. Both Paperback and eBook editions are available.
Download this book's free source code at: http://apps.unknown.com
"Unknown.com’s guide lives up to its subtitle by providing important features not found elsewhere.... A smart, well-organized guide to iOS app success." -Kirkus Reviews
- Unknown.com, Inc., October 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: