Proactive Purchasing in the Supply Chain: The Key to World-Class Procurement
The Key to World-Class Procurement
- List Price$86.00
- Your price$77.39
Save $8.61 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 35200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Transform purchasing operations from reactive to proactive supply management
Written for purchasing managers, Proactive Purchasing in the Supply Chain reveals how to use the latest and best procurement practices to help your organization maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of its supply chain. The ability of purchasing to dramatically increase return on investment, reduce costs, improve quality, and shorten time to market is highlighted throughout this practical guide.
Essential topics such as legal issues, green purchasing, negotiation, ethics, price-cost analysis, production-inventory control, purchasing risk management, sourcing, and demand-logistics management are addressed. Real-world case studies in each chapter demonstrate the strategies presented in the book. A detailed planning model for implementing these world-class procurement methods is also contained in this definitive resource.
The authors combine extensive industry, educational, research, and consulting experience to cover topics such as:
- The latest "best-in-class" purchasing methods, tools, procedures, and systems
- Price-cost analyses and how to fight price increases
- How to organize the purchasing department to achieve maximum value added in the supply chain
- Green purchasing
- Purchasing risk management programs and procedures
- How to separate strategic from tactical buying
- Step-by-step checklists for major purchasing functions
- How to overcome obstacles
- Forecasting methods for demand management
- How to transform the purchasing department from a cost center to a value-added operation
- Social responsibility and ethical issues
- Planning steps and basic management skills
- Preparation for relevant certification programs
- McGraw-Hill Education, December 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: