Practical Management of Head and Neck Injury
- List Price$119.95
- Your price$107.99
Save $11.96 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 48800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Category Winner 2013 - Tertiary Education (Wholly Australian) Student Resource, Australian Publishers Association – Australian Educational Publishing Awards 2013.
Practical Management of Head and Neck Injury is a unique textbook which comprehensively covers the patient journey from injury to the rehabilitation phase.
It includes diagnosis and management of head and neck injury with additional chapters on prognosis and special conditions including head injury in sport, the elderly, children, pregnant women, penetrating head injury, spine and spinal cord injury and brain death.
It describes an integrated approach to care from all the relevant specialties with Australian, UK and US experts contributing to many chapters.
The book will be of interest to junior doctors, specialist trainees and specialists in emergency medicine, surgery, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, ENT, maxillofacial surgery, neurology, ophthalmology, anaesthesia and intensive care as well as medical students, nurses, paramedics and remote and rural practitioners.
- The complete management of patients with head and neck trauma, from the accident scene through to rehabilitation
- Safe, practical tips to assist the non-neurosurgeon in managing head injuries and preventing secondary brain injury—a major concern for emergency and pre-hospital medical personnel
- All aspects of neck trauma covered, including the management of cervical spine injury
- Detailed discussion of topics such as the classification of brain injury, concussion in sport, head injuries in children and the elderly, penetrating head injuries and the prognosis of head injury
- The operative surgery of head and neck trauma outlined for the non-surgeon
- Contributions from a wide range of specialists, both from Australia and overseas
- Integration of neurosurgery with ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgery, maxillofacial surgery, ophthalmology and spinal orthopaedics
- Basic principles of relevant anatomy and pathophysiology, each covered in a separate chapter
- Elsevier Health Sciences APAC, October 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: