The Parents’ Choice award winning-language program for children is now available in Chinese! This hands-on program shows parents how to turn everyday activities into fun Chinese-learning opportunities—for children ages 1-7.
About the Book
Play and Learn Chinese makes the process of learning a second language natural for children by involving the people who taught them their first language--their parents! From language innovator Ana Lomba, this hands-on program is based on real life, everyday activities that provide parents and children with countless opportunities to learn together. From taking a bath to taking a bike ride, this program makes everyday routines fun—and educational!
Each colorful two-page spread features:
- Two action-packed activities, songs, or games—all with English translations
- Simplified Chinese characters and pinyin transliteration for easy pronunciation
- Illustrations of key words that act as a mini picture dictionary
- A comic strip that shows everyday dialogs in action
- Sidebars with fun cultural information
A 70-minute audio download features all of the Chinese songs, words, and games to help with pronunciation. This engaging audio download can also be used as a stand-alone tool.
- Proven track record: Ana Lomba’s language-learning materials have sold more than 75,000 copies!
- Expert author: Ana Lomba is an innovative developer of language-learning materials for children and a Parent’s Choice award winning-author.
- Chinese language study growing: Across the U.S., 200,000+ students are learning Chinese (Asia Society, 2010). Enrollment in K-12 Chinese language classes jumped 64% between 1997 and 2002 (Princeton University Study).
Parents of children ages 1-7 who want to expose their children to the Chinese language and culture. Early childhood educators who are looking for language-learning materials for their classrooms.
Benefit to the Customer
- Makes learning easy and fun by incorporating language-learning into everyday activities
- Proven technique from award-winning author
- Research shows that children benefit from learning a second language at a young age
About the Author
Ana Lomba (Princeton, NJ) is a leading children’s language educator and developed the breakthrough Ana Lomba’s Easy Immersion® language-learning technique. This method is changing the way people think about and interact with your children learning languages. She is the author of several language-learning programs for children including the Parents’ Choice Approved award-winning Play and Learn series. A Princeton University graduate, Ana has taught Spanish from preschool to college and held leadership positions with national language organizations in the U.S. She is a native of Spain.
Marcela Summerville (Philadelphia, PA) is the founder of Spanish Workshop for Children, and award-winning Spanish immersion program for young children. She has published several articles on teaching a second language to youth. She is a native of Argentina.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: