With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
- List Price$57.99
- Your price$52.19
Save $5.80 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 24000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This completely new textbook takes an integrative, problem-based approach to pathophysiology, creating an effective bridge from basic science to clinical practice. Preeminent pathology practitioner, author, and instructor Ivan Damjanov, MD, PhD skillfully provides you with the rich understanding of disease mechanisms you need to succeed on the USMLE and beyond. Clinical vignettes in each chapter, presented in a problem-based format, demonstrate the practical relevance of pathophysiology principles, and hundreds of full-color diagrams clarify even the most difficult concepts. Plus, full-text online access via Student Consult further enhances learning and study. The result is a comprehensive yet succinct source that is ideal for today's medical students.
- Discussions of each organ system's disorders include key clinical function tests and lab tests - valuable aspects of laboratory medicine that are highly relevant to clinical practice, but are not covered in other pathophysiology texts.
- A consistent, logical format for each chapter makes the material easy to master.
- Abundant full-color conceptual diagrams, algorithms, and charts present complex information in an easy-to-absorb manner.
- Glossaries of key terms, review questions, and other learning tools facilitate study.
- Clinical case studies help you succeed in problem-based learning courses and on the USMLE.
- Access to the complete contents of the book online at www.studentconsult.com lets you perform quick searches . . . add your own notes and bookmarks . . . follow Integration Links to related bonus content from other Student Consult titles . . . and review additional case studies.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should online access to the web site be discontinued.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Ivan Damjanov
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Ivan Damjanov
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on September 28, 2016
- Elsevier Health Sciences, April 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: