- List Price$6.99
- Your price$6.29
Save $0.70 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 3600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The Republic of Palau is the westernmost archipelago in Oceania; it is renowned for it's pristine lagoons and immense marine diversity. Palau's marine community features over 800 varieties of hard and soft corals, over 1,500 fish species and over 100 varieties of sponges. Its waters feature two species of endangered turtle the green and hawksbill turtles as well as the most endangered marine mammal, the dugong. There are over 800 islands within its territory with over 50 marine lakes within those islands, each supporting its own diverse marine microclimate. The skies above Palau teem with over 140 varieties of birds representing 41 families and 16 endemic bird species. Palau natural wonders are world-renowned and it's clear waters host an assortment of dive sites that are considered by experts to be among the finest on the planet. This guidebook is written in a relaxed style, full of helpful information, presented with a touch of humor and the author's personal opinions. You will enjoy the lighter side of this well researched guidebook as you discover the natural beauty of these islands.
- The only guidebook devoted entirely to Palau, allowing more in depth coverage than other titles encompassing all of Micronesia.
- The most extensive and up to date listing of accommodations of any guidebook of the region, including photos, Website listings and E-mail addresses.
- Complete Inter-Island flight schedules and island ferry boat schedules.
- Extensive coverage of activities on each island. Diving, Fishing, Snorkeling, Kayaking, Surfing, Tours and Cultural Events.
- Over 40 maps and pictures.
- iUniverse, January 2006
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: