Over 40 & You're Hired!
Secrets to Landing a Great Job
by Robin Ryan
“Robin Ryan has the inside track on how to get hired.”– ABC NEWS
If you are over 40 and struggling to land a new job, you’re not alone. It’s a whole new ballgame out there, so America's top career counselor has perfected a market-tested program to help you stand out effectively and appeal to employers amid age discrimination and floods of competition. In Over 40 and You’re Hired!, Robin Ryan draws on her 30 years of direct hiring experience, 20 years as a career counselor, and her extensive relationships with hundreds of recruiters, decisions makers, and HR professionals to give you the skills and tools you need to revitalize your career and secure a new, better-paying job. She covers:
• How hiring has changed and what you need to do to compete
• Ways to tap into the the 80% of all jobs that are never advertised
• LinkedIn strategies you to need to use
• Successful formats for creating a winning Resume and Cover Letter
• Answers to tough interview questions
• Effective strategies to overcome age discrimination
• Proven salary negotiation techniques
• Effective strategies to present yourself as the candidate to hire
• Networking techniques to get in front of decision makers
• Inspiration and motivation to foster your success!
“Targeted and strategic--a real winner."-- Business Radio Network
“Loaded with great tips and a valuable bonus section available only to book buyers.” – Long Island Press
"If you use Robin Ryan’s advice, you definitely fly by the competition." -- KING-TV News
“Robin Ryan is America's leading authority on how to get hired in today’s job market.” --The Arizona Republic
From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Penguin Publishing Group, December 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: