Online Counseling, 2nd ed.
A Handbook for Mental Health Professionals
- List Price$63.95
- Your price$57.59
Save $6.36 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 26400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Online Counseling gives practical insight into how professionals can translate and extend their practice to the electronic online medium. The volume provides an overview of current research on the use and effectiveness of counseling online and data on the idiosyncrasies of online behavior and communication. The practical aspects of and skill sets required for counseling online are discussed at length, as are technological, ethical, legal and multicultural issues, treatment strategies, and testing and assessment.
* Foreword by Morgan Sammons and Patrick DeLeon, past president of the American Psychological Association
* The first comprehensive textbook designed to give clinicians and mental health students everything they need to understand and start providing mental health services via the Internet
* Each chapter includes study questions and key terms, making it ideal for use in graduate or continuing education settings
* Includes clear and comprehensive chapters on research and technology related to online counseling
* Contributors include past, present, and elected presidents of the International Society for Mental Health Online (ISMHO), the Inernet's leading resource for professionals interested in online counseling and other methods of delivering mental health services via the Internet
- Elsevier Science, January 2004
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: