On Writing Romance: How to Craft a Novel That Sells
How to Craft a Novel That Sells
- List Price$16.99
- Your price$13.59
Save $3.40 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 7600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
In On Writing Romance, award-winning romance novelist Leigh Michaels talks you through each stage of the writing and publishing process. From the origins and evolution of the romance novel to establishing a vital story framework to writing that last line to seeking out appropriate publishers, everything you ever wanted to know about writing a romance novel is here.
In addition to a comprehensive breakdown of more than thirty romance subgenres, including such categories as historical, inspirational, Regency, and sweet traditional, you'll discover how to:
- Steer clear of clichés and stereotypes by studying the genre
- Craft engaging and realistic heroes and heroines readers will adore
- Convincingly develop the central couple's blossoming relationship
- Add conflict by utilizing essential secondary characters like the "other woman"
- Use tension and timing to make your love scenes sizzle with sensuality
- Get your characters to happily-ever-after with an ending readers will always remember
- F+W Media, January 2007
Writers Digest Books
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: